Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Kerville Folk Festival 2009 - Bring Your Own Cup!

How simple of an idea yet what a profound positive impact it has at major festivals across the US and globe - when event organizers and producers mandate that you bring and use your own cup! This eliminates literally thousands of plastic bottles and cups, and thousands of pounds of waste. Kerville Folk Festival has been doing this for years and was one of the first festivalss nationwide to adopt this new policy. At first, people complained because change is always hard. But once folks got used to it, it was easy. I carried my reusable cup around all weekend. I used it for water when I was thirsty, beer when I was thirsty and coffee when I needed to wake up in the morning after sleepless nights of great campfire music.  


No comments: