As you begin to plan your parties here are a few ways to stay green during the 4th of July:
- The obvious choice is to use real plates, utensils, and glass ware. If you cant, the second best option is using biodegradable, compostable, or bamboo products.
- Make recycling easy and available!
- Serve finger foods such as sliced fruit, veggies & dip, cheese & crackers, and mini sliders.
- Drink local.
- Compost kitchen scraps (remember no meat, only organic material).
- When BBQ-ing try burning a propane or electric grill.
Here are a few web sites where you can buy earth-friendly products
- Located in Austin: http://www.ecowise.com/
- NatureWorks http://www.natureworksllc.com/Product-And-Applications.aspx